How much time do you sleep in any given 24-hour period? Truly, it varies for each of us, and is of course dependent on certain factors such as work schedules, weekends vs. weekdays, etc. Whatever your answer, it certainly has great significance to our lives, considering how much of our lives are spent snoozing.
While we sleep, our bodies do the most healing, so of course it’s important! The majority of my clients have trouble sleeping, either getting to sleep or staying asleep…or they tell me they are sleepy during the day, no matter how much sleep they’re getting. It’s a red flag for me that stress is playing a big role in not only their sleep, but their lives.
Some things to consider about the link between your sleep patterns and stress level: do any of the following warning signs apply to you?
- You fall asleep within 5 minutes of hitting the pillow at night.
- You tend to nod off throughout the day, in meetings, while relaxing at home, even when stuck in traffic (yikes!). By the way, how’s your neck feeling just thinking about it?!
- You “catch up” during the weekends, on sleep you missed during the week.
- You consume more than 2 cups of coffee (BTW, that big ‘ol mug you’re drinking out of counts as 2 cups!), 2 sodas, or 1 “energy drink” or “energy shot” per day.
- You awaken several times during the night and stress out when you look at the clock.
So…have I waved that red flag enough for you?!
=====>CLICK HERE to find out how you can receive a FREE phone consultation with me, when we can discuss your sleep, you can get some quick solutions to help your sleep quality…and any other areas stress may be affecting you.